Tag Archives: family

A Trans Woman Was Found Dead in Her Rikers Cell. Now Her Family Wants Answers.

Layleen Polanco.

Following the suspicious death of transgender woman of color at Rikers, the woman’s family and activists are demanding answers regarding what they see as a disgraceful example of state violence against the trans community.

Last Friday, 27-year-old Layleen Polanco was declared dead after being found unresponsive in her cell at the Rose M. Singer Center, the Washington Post reports. How exactly she died, however, is unclear. According to the New York City Department of Corrections, a custodial staff member, and then a medical staff member, attempted to revive Polanco using CPR and a defibrillator around 2:50 p.m. By 3:45 p.m., Polanco was pronounced dead, which the DOC has said was not “the result of violence or foul play.”

John Singleton’s Family Hire Private Investigator To Look Into His "Suspicious" Death

John Singleton was taken off life support on April 29th, after the famed director suffered a stroke and then fell into a coma. John’s family released a statement on his death, detailing how he “quietly struggled with hypertension,” a form of high blood pressure that affects 40% of African American men and women. TMZ now reports that John’s family is looking into his death further since the hours leading up to his own hospital admittance are unaccounted for. 

It seems as though John’s baby mothers are questioning who took him to the hospital once he returned home for Costa Rica since no one has admitted to driving him and there are no Lyft or Uber receipts. What’s even weirder is that hospital staff are saying John appeared out of nowhere in a wheelchair and was very out of it. The mother of John’s children believes there’s more

Read more at: https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/john-singletons-family-hire-private-investigator-to-look-into-his-suspicious-death-news.82504.html

Sheriff: Drunken driver hits SUV carrying family, killing 3 in Wyoming County

CLOSE

A drunken driver is being blamed for a Wyoming County crash that killed two adults and a 4-year-old child early Sunday morning, according to the Wyoming County Sheriff Gregory Rudolph.

An SUV carrying a family of nine from New Jersey was driving west on Route 20A in the town of Sheldon when a southbound pickup went through an intersection at Maxon Road.

Two adult women were ejected from the SUV and pronounced dead at the scene by Wyoming County Coroner Jennifer Prutsman-Pfeiffer. A 4-year-old passenger in the SUV was rushed to Wyoming County Community Hospital for head injuries and died about an hour later, Rudolph said in a statement.

More: Rochester police investigating suspicious death on Orchard Street

Five other passengers were taken to Buffalo-area hospitals for treatment. A

Read more at: https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2019/05/26/drunken-driver-hits-suv-carrying-family-killing-3-wyoming-county/1247531001/

Family Demands Answers in Sonora Toddler’s Suspicious Death

SONORA — Thursday morning in downtown Sonora, a family fiercely demanded answers in their toddler’s death.

Koltyn Sparks died in Tuolumne County on Jan. 15. The Sonora Police Department is calling his death suspicious.

In images shared with FOX40, 23-month-old Koltyn’s bubbly personality shines through. His grieving family says he was precocious toddler whose potential will never be realized.

“He’ll never learn to write his name, he’ll never have a first kiss,” said Koltyn’s grandmother, Tracy Gulcynski. “All of life’s little treasures have been ripped from him and our family.”

Now, his family is fighting for justice and demonstrated in front of the Tuolumne County courthouse Thursday.

“We want answers. We’re tired of waiting, it’s not OK,” said Heather Smith, Koltyn’s aunt.

Ever since that day in January, they have been fighting for answers. So far, they have waited four months.

Koltyn’s loved ones say the boy was found unresponsive while under the care of a 25-year-old

Read more at: https://fox40.com/2019/05/09/family-demands-answers-in-sonora-toddlers-suspicious-death/

Australian DJ’s death not suspicious as family declines autopsy

Ida Bagus Putu Alit, a doctor at Sanglah hospital, said the estimated time of death was 10am on Saturday morning.

“We have not conducted an autopsy, therefore we don’t have an official cause of death yet. During the preliminary examination we found several minor cuts on the body, and a deeper cut near his right elbow,” he said.

The formerly-Singapore-based DJ garnered success touring throughout Asia, with more Top 100 and Top 10 charted tracks than any other producer in Asia, his official website stated.

He also hosted a radio show, Guestlist Radio, which reached more than a million monthly listeners globally, his website says.

Read more at: https://www.theage.com.au/world/asia/australian-dj-s-death-not-suspicious-as-family-declines-autopsy-20190506-p51kln.html

Family accuses local coroner of allowing organ donation at the expense of finding out why a teenager died

The Lifebanc representative goes on to say, “Okay. And with that being, I don’t know, there is a rumor, you know, yeah, an unusual case,”

Read more at: https://www.fox19.com/2019/05/05/family-accuses-local-coroner-allowing-organ-donation-expense-finding-out-why-teenager-died/

BENIDORM BALCONY DEATH: Two years on Kirsty Maxwell family investigators return to scene of tragedy in Spain

BENIDORM BALCONY DEATH: Kirsty Maxwell (inset). Photo credit: Google Earth / Family photograph

TODAY, April 29, marks exactly two-years since the suspicious death of Kirsty Maxwell in the British favourite holiday resort of Benidorm on Spain’s Costa Blanca.

And during the period April 27 -30 members of the review team supporting Kirsty’s family have been in the town to talk to tourists who holiday there at the same time every year and speaking to locals in an effort to trace witnesses and obtain information to assist the ongoing court-led investigation.

Kirsty’s family who will be having private time together have requested privacy at this particularly poignant, reflective time.

The team says: “Two years we have been fighting for answers and justice, two years we have been fighting to get to the truth that led to the brutal death of our beautiful girl

Read more at: https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2019/04/29/benidorm-balcony-death-two-years-on-kirsty-maxwell-family-investigators-return-to-scene-of-tragedy-in-spain/